When travelling throughout Ukraine, please remember these helpful tips:
1) When walking, keep your eyes on the road. You don’t want to end up standing in a pothole or in horse droppings.
2) When biking, keep your eyes on the road. Horse carts and cars will pass you with very little room to spare, likely because of the car/bike/person/horse cart coming at them from the other direction.
3) When driving, keep your eyes on the road. All cows have the right-of-way. Always. And they are not the least bit afraid of you.
4) Regardless of your mode of transportation, carry your passport with you at all times in case you get stopped by the police.
5) Finally, don’t be in a hurry. Make time for side-trips.
(More on these trips another day.)