- You can stick your head out the window and talk to people on the sidewalk
- You can also lean your head out the window and enjoy the day.
- Or climb out to talk on the cell phone.
- You can hang your wet jeans out the window dry.
- And throw water or other things out the window.
- The windows look so much prettier from the outside; it gives the house an overall old-fashioned and stately look.
- You can water plants on the sill just by opening the window.
- You can have shutters that actually work the intended way.
- Your storm window and your regular window can swing open in opposite directions (windows here swing open, they are not raised)
- Mosquitoes. They can fly in.
- If you close the window to shut them out, it gets suffocatingly stuffy inside.
- Flying ants, even.
- You spent a lot of money killing bugs – raid, fly swatters, treating stress fractures in your hand…
- Probably it’s easier for people to steal things, but this is not within my experience.
- Lack of sleep because of buzzing, biting bugs.
The pros and cons are tied, my friends. So I’m not sure which I would pick given the choice. But the mosquito bite I just got might influence me a bit.