Things I like:
- Pale, yellow peppers
- abundant bread
- tea with real plums sunk to the bottom, flavoring everything so intensely
- fresh mint picked from the pasture on the island in the Tisza
- cabbage and carrots + dill
- Rosemary in soup
Things that surprise me:
- Pasta + jam (yes, mixed together)
- fried bread topped with sour cream and cheese as a main course (I didn’t actually eat the sour cream and cheese; oh, accursed milk allergy, though at this point you might be saving me from a heart attack.)
- Liver and it’s tastiness.
- Fruit soup, warm
- The multitude of bones a fish has
Things I kind of live on:
- Bread + sausage
- Kindness from Péterfalva cooks and Beregszasz housemates.
More on Beregszasz next time.